BEING UNINSURED IS DEADLY!
Thousands of people die each year because they don’t have coverage.
See detailed data review from Annals of Internal Medicine, published 6-27-2017 — click HERE
We believe everybody DESERVES affordable health care
We believe the best way to cover everybody is NATIONAL IMPROVED MEDICARE FOR ALL
“Medicare for All”, also known as single-payer national health insurance:
- ALL U.S. residents covered for ALL medically necessary services
- doctor – hospital – preventative – long-term care – mental health – reproductive health – dental – vision – prescription drug – medical supply
- Free choice of doctor and hospital
- No premiums, co-pays, or deductibles
Financially speaking, how can Medicare for All provide service to every person?
- the current system where health care financing is carried out by multiple profit-oriented companies would be replaced by a single public (nonprofit) agency.
- the efficiency of the nonprofit payer system covers most of the cost, combined with modest new taxes based on ability to pay
With National Improved Medicare for ALL:
- ONLY the FINANCING SYSTEM is PUBLIC
- DELIVERY of CARE REMAINS IN PRIVATE HANDS
Medicare for All, Affordable Care Act (ACA) and American Health Care Act (AHCA)
HR676 is the bill for the National Improved Medicare for All program
These organizations are a great source of additional information about
Medicare for All:
HPTA’s “DEMOCRACY and MEDICARE for ALL”
This campaign was launched at the end of May 2017 to promote Medicare for All, also known as single payer health insurance. Ribbons were distributed at the HPTA booth at Hillsborough’s “Last Friday” event.
To show your support for MEDICARE FOR ALL, attach these two ribbons together and tie them around your mailbox post.
- The aqua ribbon represents free healthcare provided by a MEDICARE FOR ALL program (National Improved Medicare for All / single-payer health insurance).
- The patriotic ribbon represents the need to overcome the current flaws in our democratic process, such as voter suppression, unfairly drawn districts, unjust campaign finance laws, and lack of accountability.
- Tied together, the ribbons symbolize how regaining fair democratic representation for each voter is a crucial step to realizing the goal of MEDICARE FOR ALL.
By joining this campaign, you are pledging to:
- display the ribbon around your mailbox until we have MEDICARE FOR ALL!
- RESEARCH The Expanded & Improved Medicare for All Act (HR 676); Physicians for a National Health Program; Health Over Profit
- research the threats to our DEMOCRACY: Common Cause; Democracy North Carolina
- TALK to your family, friends, and neighbors about these issues!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to participate in the ribbon campaign for MEDICARE for ALL!