The 1% vs. The 99%
Control of political and economic power in the U.S. is held by an extremely small number of individuals — referred to as “the 1%”.
The rest of us — “the 99%” — are at the mercy of public policies where PROFIT is favored over the human condition
- BENEFIT from illness, crime, poor education, pollution, and suffering . . . they run health insurance companies, prison services, heavy-polluting industries, and low-wage manufacturing/service industries.
- Seek to SUPRESS individual rights in order to maximize profit.
- are EMPOWERED by the normalization of oppressive and hateful rhetoric — it foments division, systemic discrimination, and violence.
- Many are SUFFERING from poverty, crime, and insufficient education and health services, but have no way to change their situation because they have no voice in their own government.
- DESERVE fair government representation and actualization of civil rights
- DESERVE healthcare services as an individual right
- MUST UNITE to dismantle the grip of “the 1%” on power and resources!
WATCH THIS: Inequality Media explores the 1%
- Identify the root causes behind the social and political disruptions that affect “the 99%”, such as policies/laws that threaten the health, safety, freedom, education, and rights of individuals.
- Support legislative actions that offer sustainable solutions or reform
Check Out These HPTA initiatives: